Recently, a friend of mine sent me something on Facebook entitled “15 Albums.” The object was to list out 15 albums that have profoundly impacted you at some point in your life. Well, sure, this is a great exersize for anyone who is familiar with a variety of music genres, but I *know* I probably had some friends read my list and think, “Who? What? Huh?”
So, because this is my own personal little virtual doodle pad, and I can do whatever I want to do here, I figured I’d recreate a shorter version of the list here and select one song (okay, that’s REALLY hard for some of these albums) and post it for you here. I shooting for 5, but came back with 6. Enjoy!!
1) Imagine (John Lennon) “Imagine”
2) For Emma, Forever Ago (Bon Iver) “Flume”
3) Lungs (Florence + the Machine) “You’ve Got the Love”
4) Girls and Boys (Ingrid Michaelson) “Far Away”
5) Black Holes and Revelations (Muse) “Glorious”
6) Billion Dollar Babies (Alice Cooper) “Billion Dollar Babies”
The object of the game was to name off the 15 albums in 15 minutes, without really thinking about it all too much, but these six albums were really easy to come up with. What would be your top album/song choices?