So, this has decidedly been a cruddy week. I’ll not trouble you with the details, but I must say that it all turned around when I got some girl time and *SQUEEEEEEE!!!!* Eclipse yesterday!
I loved Eclipse. It’s SOOO much better than the previous two movies, but then again, Eclipse, I think, is the best book of the series. So, I thought I’d make a little list of why this one rocks (as if you need convincing to go see it! Ha!) Here’s why this one is way better (and if you’ve read the books, I’m not spoiling anything), but just to cover my butt, I must proclaim SPOILER ALERT!
Reasons I <3 Eclipse 10x more than Twilight & New Moon:
10) We get to meet all the wolf pack & Seth is SO adorable and pocket-sized. I wanna pinch his little fat cheeks. He’s precious, really.
9) Rosalie, et al. have good wigs in this one (like in New Moon, but we didn’t get to see them as much) and no one looks like a rejected Golden Girl [yes, darling Jasper, I'm talking about you].
8) Lots of screen time for all the Cullen boys, Carlile included. YUMM-O.
7) The move from Rachelle to Bryce Dallas in the Victoria role was seemless, and dare I say that Howard represents the Victoria of my imagination better than the first girl? She has a more creepy-angelic quality. Good stuff.
6) More Volturi time. Jane is awesome…just sayin’. I love to hate her.
5) Jacob is more true to character as represented in the book in this movie. Way more true to character. And he and Edward finally start getting snarky with each other. Fun stuff.
4) Edward has reached his peak of hotness & the make-up artists deserve an Oscar. The vamps finally look pretty dang irresistable (as long as they have the golden eyes…red eyes are NOT hot). 5) OMG! K-Stew took some acting lessons & really does look very pretty in this one…and not so…um…stoned?
4) Backstories, backstories, backstories!!!
3) FIGHT SCENES!!!! CHASE SCENES!!!!
2) Jasper. Okay, you people know I’m Team Jasper 110%. In this movie, we have Jasper leading the strategic planning meetings, the physical training [Emmett's great in this particular scene, too], his backstory, the adorable relationship he has with Alice (they’re my favorite Twi-couple); he’s funny in a dry way, and just…well, who am I kidding? More Jasper. WIN!
1) Edward finally kicks some a** and looks like and acts like a vampire. FINALLY. It’s way awesome!
*Oh, also must add a final reason I <3 Eclipse: Bella FINALLY puts Edward out of his misery and says, “YES!” Phew. Poor guy…
You’ll love it; I promise!
(merci, www.eclipsemovie.org for the pics!)
So, the lesson learned here is that Twilight always improves one’s mood…especially mine!